First Half Factoids
- This marks the fifth season in eight as a franchise the York Revolution have qualified for the Atlantic League postseason. It’s also the third season in the last four there will be playoff baseball at Santander Stadium.
- This is the second time York has won a first half division crown. They also won the Freedom Division first half in 2010 by four games with a record of 40-30, and went on to win their first Atlantic League Championship defeating Somerset in five games and sweeping Bridgeport in three.
- In 13 of the 16 Atlantic League seasons so far, the eventual champion qualified for the playoffs via the first half. The 2011 Revolution were only the second team to ever win a championship after winning a second half division title.
- The Revolution has now won two first halves, and three second halves. York has yet to qualify for the Atlantic League playoffs via a wild card spot, which only comes into play if a club wins both halves of it’s division.
- 41-29 is tied for the second-winningest half in franchise history, equaling the record of the club which won the 2008 second half for the first playoff spot in Revolution history, in season number two. York was swept out of the first round by Somerset that season. The winningest half in franchise history still belongs to the 2012 club, which won the second half with a record of 43-27, before being swept out of the first round by Lancaster.
- York is 12-10 all-time in the postseason, and 8-3 at home. Between the back-to-back championship seasons of 2010-2011 and 2012, they enjoyed a seven-game home playoff win streak. Of their 4-7 all-time road playoff record however, two of those wins clinched a series: Game 3 of the 2010 Championship Series at Bridgeport, and Game 5 of the 2011 Division Series at Lancaster.