This is what’s up…
Good luck with your brackets. Three more weeks of basketball and then it’s baseball season for real. Here are some miscellaneous things going on around the Revolution.
- There is merchandise with the new logo for sale at Sovereign Bank Stadium right now. New Balance sweatshirts and men’s and women’s polos; the sweatshirts are $75 and the polos are $65. They have the logo on them seen above. A full line of merchandise with the new logo, and the new game caps for this season will be available once the First Cap Team Store revovations are completed.
- Don’t forget that the Revolution will again play an exhibition game during the annual pre-season Fan Fest, slated this year for Saturday, April 21. The Revs will take on an all-star team of Susquehanna & Central League players, reprising the same match-up before Fan Fest in 2009. The game will be at 1 p.m. that day, and the gates will open at Noon. Tickets will go on sale to the general public for that game on Saturday, March 24, both in-person at the Apple Chevrolet Ticket office and online at YorkRevolution.com.
- The YDR’s Revolution beat reporter Jim Seip is reporting that first baseman Chris Nowak is in pre-season camp in the Mexican League. It had been reported earlier that Nowak was to start the season in either Japan or Mexico, so Mexico it is. It may be possible for Nowak to return to the Revs later in the season, albeit not likely.
- Keeping with the international flavor, Seip is also reporting that as expected, starting pitcher and former Yankee Matt DeSalvo is playing this season in Taiwan, but could re-join the Revolution as well at some point.
- The artist renderings of the championship rings are a thing of the past. The staff received the real things last night, and the players and coaches will get them before the home opener on May 1 against Camden. Remember fans, this is the same ring YOU could win on Opening Day. The rings are BIG (click to enlarge):